|Home The AMMA program Scientific goals /B_heirarchie>|
A multi-scale strategy
To address the issue of multiple sacles that characterize the African Monsoon, the AMMA programme is structured arond the 4 interacting spatial scales.
Specific in situ observations, satellite products and models are dedicated to the study of each of these scales.
AMMA emphasizes the importance of improved understanding of how these scales interact and combine to characterize the WAM and its variability, including how these interactions impact sources and transport of water vapour, aerosol and key chemical species (e.g. key greenhouse gases, ozone and aerosol precursors) in the West African region and globally.
Multiscale observations are performed by the AMMA programme.
4 domains region: mesoscale sites, super-sites, intensive local site.
* International conferences * - 26 January 2012
* News * - 26 January 2012
* Internationals programs * - 23 November 2011
* The tools * - 18 November 2011
* AMMA Press release 2009 * - 18 November 2011
* AMMA Press release 2006 * - 18 November 2011
* AMMA Press release 2007 * - 18 November 2011
* To know more about AMMA * - 18 November 2011
* Offers * - 18 November 2011
* Baloons * - 18 November 2011